- Basmati rice (or some other grain)
- Choice of meat:
- Grilled Chicken
- Shrimp, warm or chilled
- Sushi grade tuna or salmon,
- Choice of Fruits and vegetables:
- Mandarin oranges
- Put ½ cup to 1 cup of rice in bowl (your preference)
- Top with diced choice of meat, fruits and vegetables (your preference)
That’s it! Google poke bowl flavor combinations for more ideas but this is one of my favorite summertime meals that I enjoy at least once or twice a week.
Jen Hazzard is a Alpin Haus Fitness’ Nutritionist, a Precision Nutrition Certified Nutrition Coach, NCCPT certified Personal Trainer, holds a bachelor‘s degree in Biochemistry with a minor in Nutrition and a master’s degree in Chemistry Education.
She is also a record holding powerlifter and former marathon runner.