Every night is a perfect night for a cook-out, so fire up the grill and enjoy this healthy, delicious grilled chicken tacos recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- I packet McCormick Grill mates Baja citrus marinade
- Vinegar of choice
- Lime juice
- Soft tortillas
- Salsa of choice
- Plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Shredded lettuce
- Combine the packet of marinade with 1 Tbs. of vinegar and whisk in enough water so that the
marinade is a thin paste.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lime juice, and whisk. (This doesn’t have to be
perfect, just make sure you can evenly coat all the chicken).
- Coat the chicken in the marinade and let them sit anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple of hours as long as they are
- Light grill and set up high direct heat. Place chicken over direct heat area on grill.
Cook chicken about 5 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F as
indicated by an instant read thermometer as recommended by the USDA.
- Whisk about a table spoon of lime juice into a cup of Greek yogurt to thin it out a little.
- When chicken is done, dice it into small pieces.
- Put chicken into taco shells, and top with lettuce, salsa, and the lime yogurt sauce.
Jen Hazzard is a Alpin Haus Fitness’ Nutritionist, a Precision Nutrition Certified Nutrition Coach, NCCPT certified Personal Trainer, holds a bachelor‘s degree in Biochemistry with a minor in Nutrition and a master’s degree in Chemistry Education.
She is also a record holding powerlifter and former marathon runner.