Serve and enjoy these healthier mashed potatoes for all the goodness without the guilt this holiday season!
- 6 lbs. potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1½ cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with salted water to cover the potatoes by about one
inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, then turn down to low, cover and simmer for 15-20
minutes, until tender.
- Drain and place the potatoes back in the pot or into a mixing bowl. Mash the potatoes using
a potato masher.
- Add Greek yogurt, milk, chicken broth, butter and olive oil. Whisk until light and fluffy. Add a
generous amount of salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk until combined.
Jen Hazzard is a Alpin Haus Fitness’ Nutritionist, a Precision Nutrition Certified Nutrition Coach, NCCPT certified Personal Trainer, holds a bachelor‘s degree in Biochemistry with a minor in Nutrition and a master’s degree in Chemistry Education.
She is also a record holding powerlifter and former marathon runner.